Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Television Shall Be Our Destroyer!

I "ran" M&M last night, but because it was election night we got very little gaming done. We mostly wrapped up the conversations that grew out of last session's short fight with Iron Cross and his Iron Troopers at the War Bond Rally and had a short encounter with some mobsters who wanted to reintroduce themselves to the Bug.

The TV was on in the background, but it was just too large a distraction to get much done, especually since everyone around the table was invested in what was happening on screen. So, we stopped to watch McCain concede and we stopped to watch Obama be presidential, plus a few other moments of joking about the pundits and projections.

Anyway, the game was sort of a waste and we're going to pick it up next week when the PCs go to investigate some unusual activity on the waterfront.

Lesson relearned: Don't have a TV on when you're trying to game.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I felt bad for losing focus on the game, but this was a historic night and I'm super happy to have spent part of it with my cool gaming group.

And I'm digging the Mafia stuff! Bug is gonna get even with those shits someday...

Jon said...

Oh, I agree. I was happy to get to watch the returns and we probably should have thought better of gaming that night, but oh well. Admittedly, I had a great time watching it with you guys and the jokes were extra funny.

I'm glad you like the maffia stuff. Since it's in your background I figured you were expecting them to show up again at some point.